Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 whole chicken cut into quarters fat trimmed and back removed
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts trimmed
- 1 15- ounce can chickpeas drained, rinsed and dried
- 2 large potatoes diced
- 1 large onion diced
- Olive oil as needed
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F. Mist a large rimmed nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, mix together the spices.
Rub the mixture all over the chicken, gently lifting the skin where you can and seasoning the meat underneath as well(do not remove skin).
Set aside as you prepare the vegetables.
In a large bowl, add Brussels sprouts, chickpeas, potatoes and onions. Add a little extra virgin olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Mix well.
Add prepared vegetables to a large baking dish, spreading evenly in the dish.
Place Chicken pieces on top of vegetables, leaving a little room between pieces. (don’t overcrowd the pan)
Place in preheated oven and roast for 40-45 minutes or until the chicken has an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees.
Serve and enjoy!