Clams and Spaghetti is one of the easiest and most delicious restaurant style meals you’ll ever prepare in your home.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Calories: 677 kcal
- 1 lb of good quality Linguine (De Cecco Del Verde, or Barilla)
- 1 bag Farm Raised Little Neck Clams (bag of 50 or at least 15 clams per person)
- 2 cloves of Garlic sliced
- 1 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil chopped
- Pinch of Crushed Red Pepper
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Sprinkle of grated Romano Cheese
- 2-3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
place large stock pot on stove to cook pasta per directions on the box
Finely chop parsley and basil
Rinse clams in cold water checking to make sure they are all closed, or that they will close when tapped. If they are open they are dead..do not use them!
As soon as the pasta water is ready add the pasta and set your timer per instructions.
Place a large saute pan on the stove and add the olive oil and garlic.
Briefly saute the garlic then add the clams, basil and crushed red pepper to the pan and cover with a lid allowing the clams to steam open.
If you have timed this correctly the clams will open with about two minutes to spare on the pasta, turn off the heat on the clams and keep covered until serving.
Drain pasta, place in bowl and divide clams and sauce between them
sprinkle fresh chopped parsley on top of the clams and serve with grated Romano cheese.