SAUSAGE AND BEAN MINESTRA RECIPE
- 3 carrots diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 1 cup green beans chopped
- 1 green squash diced
- 2 cups chopped escarole or greens of your choice
- 1 lb sweet sausage
- 2 cups cannellini beans or one small can
- 1 cup uncooked soup size pasta
- 4 cups chicken stock
- season with black pepper and sea salt to taste
in a small stock pot add a tablespoon of olive oil, the diced carrots, celery and onion. Allow them to cook for 5-7 minutes.
Add the diced zucchini, and green beans and continue to cook for about 5 minutes
Remove the sausage from the casing and add it to the stock pot, break apart the sausage and allow it to brown
Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, turn down the heat and allow to simmer.
Add the cannellini beans and continue to simmer for about 30 minutes.
Add in the pasta and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes.
add in the escarole and allow to wilt.
serve with a sprinkle of grated cheese and crusty bread.