- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 & 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 11 ounces butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon water
- 2 cups roasted salted whole cashews
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9″x 13″x 2″ pan with cooking spray. Using two sheets of parchment paper, line the pan’s width and length, creating a parchment “sling.” Spray the parchment paper with cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, brown sugar, and salt for 1 to 1 & 1/2 minutes. Decrease mixer speed to low and add the flour. Mix just until combined. Lightly press the dough evenly into the prepared pan. Poke holes in the dough with a fork. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the crust is a golden color. Remove to wire rack to cool.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, stir together the butterscotch chips, corn syrup, and water. Stir until the mixture comes to a simmer and the butterscotch chips are melted. Pour over the crust.
- Sprinkle the cashews over the butterscotch caramel. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. After cooling, remove from pan and use a very sharp knife to cut into bars.