Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- 2/3 pound shrimp peeled and deveined I used 26-30 count
- 1 pineapple split and hollowed out save pineapple
- 1/2 cup corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup red pepper – diced
- 1/2 cup onion – diced
- 1 cup pineapple diced
- 3 cups cooked rice I cooked 1 1/2 cup white rice with 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped for garnishing
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons scallions sliced for garnishing
- 3 tablespoons cajun seasoning for blackening shrimp
split pineapple down the middle completely through the stalk and pineapple
run a pairing knife along the edges of pineapple trying not to puncture the skin
angle knife to cut sections of pineapple out. As you remove sections it will get easier to remove all of the edible section of the pineapple.
remove the core from the pineapple and discard. You will have more pineapple than you need for this dish, save remainder for later use.
Cook rice according to directions.
saute corn, onion, peppers and pineapple in butter for 5-7 minutes until onion is cooked. Set aside until ready to mix with shrimp
Peel and devein shrimp, pat dry and dredge in your favorite cajun seasoning to blacken shrimp. If you don’t like spicy foods, use old bay or paprika to add color.
Mix cooked rice with pineapple mixture and shrimp.
Fill pineapple halves with mixture, making sure you can see the shrimp towards the top of the mixture.
Garnish with cilantro and scallions and serve immediately.