Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
- 12 ounces Chinese flat wheat noodles
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese sesame paste or tahini
- 2 tablespoons garlic-chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- red yellow and orange mini peppers one each- very thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions chopped half way up the green
- 12 raw large shrimp peeled and deveined
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse well. Transfer to a large shallow serving bowl.
While noodles are cooking, combine sugar, dark soy sauce, reduced-sodium soy sauce, sesame paste (or tahini), garlic-chili sauce, chicken broth and cider vinegar in a small bowl. Place near it near your stove.
Heat flat-bottom carbon-steel wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add cooking oil to hot pan, coating the surface.
When the pan is very hot add shrimp and garlic, cooking until the shrimp until almost done, 2-3 minutes.
Take the pan off the heat and add sesame seeds, coating the shrimp. Keep the pan on the stove to keep shrimp warm until ready to serve.
When the noodles are cooked, drain them well and place drained noodles into a large mixing bowl.
Add sauce to the hot noodles, tossing to coat entirely,
Return the shrimp to the stove top to finish cooking.
Top with sliced peppers and scallions and shrimp.
Serve and enjoy!