When you’re thinking pasta for dinner, think about my easy to make and oh so delicious Bucatini with blackened salmon, asparagus, tomatoes and a light gorgonzola cream sauce!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
Calories: 830 kcal
- 12 ounces salmon filets Skin removed. Pacific Salmon is preferred
- 1 pound HemisFares Bucatini
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1.5 cups asparagus spear tips and 2 inches below. About 4 inches in total.
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken stock Or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese crumbles additional if needed
- 1/2 cup Romano Cheese additional if needed
- 2 tablespoons blackening seasoning Your favorite brand of cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil or Italian parsley finely chopped
- extra Gorgozola and Romano cheese for serving
- fresh ground pepper for serving
Cook pasta per instruction on bag
Place the asparagus in saute pan and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil and allow to boil for one minute. Drain and cool asparagus spears. Cut spears in half and keep on the side until needed.
In a saute pan add cream and chicken stock and allow to reduce over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
Add Gorgonzola, Romano cheese and spices and reduce heat to low and allow mix well with a wire whip.
As the sauce begins to thicken move the pan off the heat.
coat top side of salmon in blackening seasonings.
place into heated cast iron skillet very lightly oiled saute pan. Cook on each side for 2 minutes. Make sure the fan is on over the stove!!
**Alternate method: Salmon can be cooked in 400-degree oven for 12 minutes. After coating the salmon lightly spray using a vegetable pan spray. This is only needed for the oven method.
Place salmon to the side until needed.
Add grape tomato halves and asparagus into sauce and bring sauce back to a boil.
Toss bucatini with Gorgonzola sauce
Break salmon by hand into small pieces and carefully add into the prepared pasta.
Garnish with chopped basil and serve. Have fresh ground black pepper, Romano and Gorgonzola cheese to add to the pasta.