one of my favorite soups has always been a Roasted Red Pepper soup. The addition of chicken and corn really kicks it up a notch!
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil or use butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 2 1/2 cups roasted peppers pureed canned or make roast your own
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Franks Buffalo Sauce
- sea salt to taste
- 4 oz shredded cooked chicken
- 4 oz roasted or grilled corn off the cob
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro garnish each bowl with a sprinkle
- tbsp *garnish each bowl of soup with 1 of Low Fat Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
In a medium to large saucepan add the Kelapo coconut oil and allow to become liquid.
Add diced celery and onions and saute for 3-5 minutes
Add flour and blend in well and reduce heat to low, allow roux to cook for about 5 minutes.
Add chicken stock to the roux and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes on low heat.
Add in pureed roasted red peppers, franks buffalo sauce, sugar, and shredded chicken, stir well.
Season with sea salt to taste, and if it seems a little bitter add in another tsp of sugar.
You can either add the corn directly to the soup at this point, or add it to the soup as part of the garnish.
Allow soup to simmer on low for 20 minutes *
Garnish soup with a dollop of Low Fat Greek Yogurt, Corn and Cilantro.
* if the soup becomes too thick, thin it out with a little water or stock.