LOBSTER CHOWDER RECIPE
Lobster Chowder takes soup to a whole other level. This delicious chowder can make a perfect light meal, add a salad and a loaf of crusty bread and enjoy.
- 10 ounces lobster claw and body meat frozen or canned
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour I used a Gluten Free blend
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 cups chicken stock vegetable or seafood stock can be substituted
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
soak lobster meat in milk while preparing soup until needed.
melt butter in medium saucepan
add diced celery, carrots and onion. saute for 3-4 minutes then add flour and stir it all together. Reduce heat to low and allow to cook for about 5 minutes. Do not let this burn or darken!
Whisk in stock until fully incorporated
remove lobster meat from milk and set aside.
Add milk to soup, mixing well.
Add potatoes to soup and continue to simmer for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are softened (20-30 minutes)
add fresh thyme
sea salt and pepper to taste.
add lobster and allow to simmer for 7-10 minutes to build the lobster flavor
Serve and enjoy!