Making soup is easier than you think and my corn chowder will make a delicious addition to your home menu. It’s easy to change the recipe up following my guidelines to create your favorite cream soup.
- 8 ounces unsalted Butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 qt vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream ( light cream, milk or half and half can be used)
- 2 carrots small dice
- 4 stalks celery small dice
- 1 medium onion small dice
- 2 potatoes unpeeled small diced
- 2 ears fresh corn or frozen corn
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- pinch of thyme to taste
In a sauce pan add butter and allow to melt
Add diced vegetables and allow to sautee for about 5-7 minutes over med-high heat
Add in the flour and mix well, turn down heat to low and allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes to let the flour cook.
Add hot stock to roux (butter and flour mixture) and mix in well.
add the milk and corn, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 30-45 minutes.
If the chowder appears to thick, thin it out with additional milk, stock or water.