Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins
- 1 lb crab meat jumbo lump lump or claw, wild caught
- 1 tablespoon . Italian parsley finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon . of roasted red peppers or fresh red peppers finely chopped may be left out
- 1 tablespoon of sweet onions finely chopped you may sub any type of onion you like
- 1/4 cup of seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Hellman’s Mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1 small head of cabbage – cored and sliced very thinly
- 1/2 small red pepper or carrot sliced thinly and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 2 large potatoes – washed and cut into shoe string french fries
- 2 cups canola oil to fry potatoes
- Old Bay Seasoning to taste
Mix crabmeat, chopped parsley, onion, and peppers together. Gently mix them do not break up lump crabmeat.
In another bowl add the mayonnaise, and egg and mix together, then add the sugar, Old Bay, Worcestershire and lemon juice, mix well.
Add the imperial sauce to the crabmeat and mix together gently, add in the bread crumbs and work them into the mixture.
Allow this mixture to sit for about 10 minutes, the bread crumbs will soak up any extra liquid so you can easily form the crabcakes
Divide the crabmeat mixture into 8 small crabcakes
If you are frying the crabcakes, lightly coat the crabcake in panko bread crumbs, and sauté in olive oil till golden brown on both sides. Place in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Mix mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, sea salt and black pepper in a small bowl, blending the ingredients completely. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes so sugar fully dissolves, then remix the ingredients
Mix together cabbage and red pepper, then add in cole slaw dressing and mix well to make sure all the cabbage and red peppers are thoroughly coated.
Refrigerate until ready to use
Place cut potatoes in a large bowl and rinse well with cold running water until water becomes clear. Cover cut potatoes with water an 1-inch past potatoes refrigerate for at least one hour
Using a deep skillet, heat canola oil to 350 degrees (use a thermometer)
Dry potatoes in kitchen towels to get all the water off of them
Very Carefully Add dry potatoes to oil and fry until golden brown about 5-6 minutes, remove from pan and dry on paper towels. (you have just blanched the potatoes)
When ready to serve re-fry the potatoes for 3-4 minutes to get them crispy.
Sprinkle liberally with Old Bay seasoning
BUILD YOUR SANDWICH
Place crabcake on bun
Top with french fries and cole slaw and enjoy!