I love how easy it is to make this peaches and cream breakfast cake. The addition of cottage cheese makes it extra moist and helps keep down the calories.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
Total Time: 1 hr
Calories: 250 kcal
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup low-fat greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups sliced peaches fresh or frozen
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8″ springform pan
Beat together the eggs and sugar until smooth.
Add the melted butter, cottage cheese, yogurt and vanilla, beating until well combined.
Add the flour, salt, and baking powder, stirring or beating gently to combine.
Pour the batter into the pan, and place the peaches evenly over the top.
Bake the cake for about 50 minutes until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
Remove the cake from the oven and let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes, to firm up.