Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- 2 packs Johnsonville Brats of your choice
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 10 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1/2 bunch cilantro finely chopped for garnish
- 1 bunch scallions – sliced for garnish
- 1 cup prepared sweet chili sauce
- cup ½ finely chopped mango
- cup ½ finely chopped pineapple
- cup ¼ finely chopped red onion
- juice from one lime
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1 cup prepared avocado puree or guacamole
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
BRAT HOT TUB
- 24 ounces of beer
- 1 large sweet Vidalia onion sliced
- 1 large red pepper sliced
- 2 tablespoons of butter
Preheat gas grill to medium-low. (If charcoal, allow it to burn until white ash has formed on the coals.
Place links on , using tongs to turn links often.
Grill covered for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and browned. (Closing the grill lid while cooking helps minimize flare-ups.) Grill brats until cooked to a temperature of at least 160 degrees.
while brats are cooking, grill tortillas on both sides until you get good grill marks on them.
In a small bowl add chopped pineapple, mango, red onion, cilantro, lime juice and 1 cup sweet chili sauce.
mix prepared avocado puree, sour cream, lime juice and salt in a bowl, stir until ingredients are fully blended
BRAT TACO ASSEMBLY
Set Brats, tortillas, cheese, shredded cabbage, salsa, avocado crema, cilantro and scallions out for your guests to build their Brat Tacos and enjoy
BRAT HOT TUB
add sliced onions, peppers, butter and beer into baking dish
Place baking dish aka brat hot tub on to heat mixture to cooking temperature.
Grill brats until almost done, then place in hot beer mixture to continue cooking for 10-15 minutes.
Serve to your guests with your favorite toppings and be prepared to grill more Brats!