TANGERINE STICKY RIBS
- 1 pounds rack baby back pork ribs about 3
- 2 tangerines coarsely chopped
- 1 cup tangerine juice
- 1 cup orange blossom honey
- cup ¼ hoisin sauce
- cup ¼ toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove large garlic coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tangerine zest
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger peeled and coarsely chopped, 2-
- 1 teaspoon Szechuan peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five- spice powder
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek or your favorite chili pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped tangerine peel for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or cilantro for ganish
Cut baby back ribs into portions that will fit into your slow cooker.
Add the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, peppercorns and tangerine zest to the bottom of your slow cooker.
Place ribs on top of seasonings
Add tangerine juice, honey, hoisin, chili pepper sauce and five spice powder to slow cooker pouring over ribs. Don’t worry it will all come together.
Set timer for 4 hours on fast or 6-7 hours on slow. Ribs should be cooked till tender, not falling off the bone.
Remove liquid from slow cooker when the time goes off and place in a small saucepan.
Allow liquid to reduce by half, or until nicely thickened. You want the sauce to seriously cling to the ribs.
Brush generous amounts of sauce on ribs, serve and enjoy!
* you can place them in the broiler for a few minutes if you like, but I don’t think they need it.