MANHATTAN CLAM CHOWDER
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins
- 2 slices thick cut bacon or your favorite bacon
- 2 carrots diced
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 medium potatoes diced skin on or off your choice
- 1 16 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups freshly steamed clams with broth about 60 pasta clams
- 1 quart chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
In a large sauce pot, fry the bacon over medium-low heat until the fat renders and the bacon gets a little crispy, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Add the onion, carrot and celery, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 7-10 minutes.
Add chicken stock , tomatoes and potatoes, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Remove the pot from heat, stir in clams and season with sea salt and pepper to taste
Add in chopped parsley and serve with your favorite crusty bread