- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon paprika (your choice hot sweet or smoked)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin lightly toasted
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander lightly toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins or boneless breasts or thighs cut into strips
- 1 lb . 16/20 shrimp peeled and deviened wild caught gulf shrimp
- 1/2 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon crushed pineapple
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Juice from one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- 1 cup fresh pineapple peach or mango cubes
- 1 cup red onion chunks
- 1 cup bell pepper chunks
- 2 zucchini sliced into wheels, green or yellow
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 large sweet onion sliced and separated into 1″
- 1 lb button mushrooms
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon curry
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon light chili powder
- ½ Tablespoon sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ bunch fresh parsley finely chopped
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro finely chopped
Mix all of the ingredients (except for the chicken) and place in a gallon size freezer bag
Add the chicken to the bag and marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours or overnight if possible.
Remove the bag of chicken from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on a skewer.
Grill chicken until cooked, about 5 minutes per side.
Place peeled and deveined shrimp in a large Ziploc freezer bag.
Combine garlic, ginger, chili paste, soy sauce, pineapple, honey, lime juice, salt, and oil in a large bowl. Whisk thoroughly.
Set aside half of the marinade and add the mixture over shrimp and refrigerate for two hours.
Do not marinate too long it will begin to cook the shrimp.
Place shrimp on skewer alternating with fruit, pepper, and onion
Brush with remaining marinade and place on lightly oiled grill and cook for about 3-5 minutes per side
sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve on a bed of rice
Place all the ingredients into the food processor (except herbs and veggies) Pulse 6-8 times to ensure garlic is minced.
Place cut veggies into large ziplock freezer bag
Add chopped parsley and cilantro to mixture and pour into bag, completely coating veggies.
Seal bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours
Remove bag from fridge and place veggies on skewers alternating for color.
Grill over a medium heat for 12-15 minutes turning as needed.
Serve over rice or grains and enjoy!
Tips for Grilling Skewers-
1. Soak wood skewers for at least an hour before using so they don’t burn as easily
2. Put a light coating of oil onto grill grates to keep skewers from sticking
3. Sometimes indirect heat is a great way to make sure your skewers don’t burn. After getting some color on the skewers move to indirect heat to finish cooking.