Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- 4 Boneless Pork Chops
- 10 oz mixed organic supergreens or spinach
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers chopped
- 6 oz Gorgonzola crumbles
- 6 tablespoons Arugula Pesto see post “how to make pesto three ways”
- 1/2 cup olive oil for sauteing finished rolls some to saute greens
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup flour seasoned with sea salt and black pepper
preheat oven to 350 degrees
*See Recipe from Pesto three ways to make Arugula Pesto
Saute supergreens with chopped garlic and olive oil, until just wilted.
Set up breading station, flour with sea salt and black pepper, seasoned bread crumbs, and eggs beaten with milk.
Pound pork cutlets thin between two sheets of plastic wrap
Coat one side of each cutlet with 1 1/2 tablespoons of arugula pesto
Divide sauteed greens between four cutlets, spreading evenly
Add roasted red peppers and gorgonzola crumbles
Start rolling cutlets from the narrow side down, creating a pinwheel effect.
If you have time to chill the stuffed and rolled cutlets for about an hour they will be easier to work with when breading.
Start by rolling each stuffed pork in flour using this as an opportunity to seal the roll and forming it
Dip into egg wash and then into seasoned breadcrumbs. The breadcrumbs will give you another opportunity to form and seal the stuffed pork.
Heat a large saute pan, then add olive oil and saute the rolls on each side until golden brown, place on baking dish and bake for 25 minutes in preheated oven.
Serve immediately with sides of your choice.