Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 15 oz canned diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup sliced okra fresh or frozen
- 3 clove garlic chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 chicken thighs cut into chunks
- 12 large raw shrimp – peeled and cleaned
- 6 ounces Andouille sausage – sliced
- olive oil for sauteing
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley for garnish
Combine spices and mix well.
dredge chicken and shrimp in cajun seasonings and set aside
In a large hot skillet add olive oil
Add the garlic, onions, peppers, and saute over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes
Add in rice and continue to saute for another few minutes, lowering heat to medium, adding more olive oil if needed
Add chicken stock, tomatoes, okra, Worcestershire and hot sauce. Turn heat down to med low and cover and allow to simmer for 10 – 12 minutes
Occasionally stir mixture to make sure all of the ingredients are well blended and not sticking to the pan.
Add chicken and andouille sausage to pan cover and allow to cook for an additional 8-10 minutes on medium low.
Add Shrimp to Jambalaya and continue cooking over medium heat for 5 minutes or until shrimp are fully cooked.
*if more liquid is needed anytime during the cooking process add in more stock or water.
*an additional can of tomatoes may also be added.
Place in a large serving dish arranging shrimp and sausage, sprinkling with chopped parsley.
Serve and enjoy