Everyone loves Pumpkin Roll and my Gluten Free version is just as good as the all-purpose flour variety. It’s easy to make especially when you use a cup for cup GF flour blend found at most grocers.
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar to sprinkle on towel
- 3/4 cup Gluten Free Flour Blend (Cup for Cup) King Arthur, Bobs Red Mill or your favorite blend.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces mascarpone Cheese or cream cheese
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- ¼ cup powdered sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease parchment paper. Sprinkle towel with powdered sugar.
Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and sugar in large mixer bowl until thick.
Beat in pumpkin.
Stir in flour mixture.
Spread evenly into prepared pan.
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel, and carefully peel off paper.
Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end.
Cool on wire rack.
Whip cream cheese, mascarpone, powdered sugar and butter until smooth and creamy.
Add vanilla extract, sugar and orange rind and mix together until well blended.
Carefully unroll cake; remove towel and spread cream cheese mixture over cake.***
Re-roll cake, then wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
I love the fall season and I love baking with pumpkin! This year I thought I’d develop a Gluten Free Pumpkin Roll recipe and I couldn’t have been happier with the results.