Wouldn’t it be nice to wake up your household to these delicious Cherry Vanilla Muffins? Their easy to make and can even be prepped the night before!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
Calories: 226 kcal
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour 180 g
- ½ cup sugar 100 g
- ½ tsp salt 2.5 g
- ½ tsp baking powder 2.5 g
- ½ tsp baking soda 2.5 g
- ½ cup low fat Greek yogurt 120 g
- ½ cup vegetable oil 120 ml
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla powder or pure vanilla extract 15 g
- 1 lemon zest and a good squeeze of juice grated
- 2 cups sweet cherries pitted and cut in half 300 g, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup granola for topping 75 g
Mix all your dry ingredients together in one bowl (including Vanilla Powder)
Lightly beat the eggs and add in the Greek Yogurt, oil, lemon zest, and juice from the lemon. Mix all these ingredients until well blended.
Add wet mixture to dry mixture and mix just enough to blend.
Fold in the Cherries into the muffin mix. (donot over mix; it will make the muffins tough)
Sprinkle the tops with granola.
Bake for 25-30minutes at 350 degrees until the tops are golden brown.
This will yield 6 large muffins or 12 small muffins