Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 6 hrs
Total Time: 6 hrs 10 mins
- 3 pounds bone-in short ribs
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup flour seasoned with sea salt and black pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup black coffee
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- sea salt o taste
Place the short ribs in a large bowl and toss with the seasoned flour.
Place the olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Once hot, place the short ribs in the pot and sear until browned on each side.
Transfer the browned short-ribs to the slow cooker.
Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
Drain the the liquid from the slow cooker and place into a saucepan. Turn off the slow cooker and leave the ribs covered until your sauce is complete.*
Add one tablespoon of flour into the sauce and mix well with a wire whip. When liquid begins to boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer. Your reduction should begin to thicken and when its thick enough its done.
Add in the sour cream and mix well.
Re-season with sea salt and black pepper or any other seasoning you wish to add and serve with your ribs.