Caponata is a delicious topping for grilled mahi-mahi or any of your favorite grilled fish. It’s easy to make and will add a lot of flavor to the fish
- 14 ounces Mahi-Mahi skin removed
- 1 medium eggplant peeled then grilled cut into small dice
- 1 small zucchini sliced longway then grilled and cut into small dice
- 1/2 cup of assorted pitted olives small dice
- 1 medium tomato small dice
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
coat eggplant and zucchini in olive oil season with sea salt and pepper and grill or roast until barely cooked.
dice eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes and olives (cut in a small dice)
mix in a bowl with chopped basil, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, red pepper flakes, and sea salt to taste
Lightly coat mahi-mahi with olive oil, and season with sea salt and black pepper.
Grill mahi-mahi over high heat 7-10 minutes on each side
*Eggplant, and zucchini can be roasted if grilling is not an option
** (if roasting, place mahi-mahi in a baking dish with a little water in the pan and roast at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.