- 2 lbs ground beef I prefer to use grass fed beef whenever possible
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1/4 cup ketchup or tomato sauce I like this homemade ketchup best of all
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all meatloaf ingredients in a bowl and then mix together with your hands – yes, it really is easier that way. Shape into a loaf form* and then place on a foil lined baking sheet.
Stir together the glaze ingredients and spoon over the top of the meatloaf prior to baking.
Bake in a preheated oven until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees. I recommend using a thermometer to determine the cooking time initially. How long it needs to cook will be affected by the shape of the meatloaf.
* I like to shape mine relatively flat and oblong and it usually cooks in about 65-70 minutes. A more traditional 4x4x8 loaf will take about 90 minutes.